If you’ve never tried rafting before, the Merced River is an excellent place to test the waters, and there are many outfitters at many points along the river to choose from. There are two main locations for river rafting – in Yosemite Valley where the ride is smoother, and outside the park on the Merced River where the runs can be Level 2 to 4 depending on the water conditions and time of year. This is a seasonal activity in spring and early summer only.
The Merced River is an excellent choice for those who would like to combine their rafting adventure with a visit to the park. At peak snowmelt, the Merced runs high and fast, making the trip a class IV run. Later in the season when the river drops a bit, it becomes a class III run and then an I later in the year.
- OARS River RaftingSpring fever comes early on the Merced River, located near historic Yosemite National Park, as it flows through poppy-covered hillsides and burly pine forests. In April and May, the Class […]Read More
- Whitewater ExcitementWhitewater Excitement specializes in California rafting adventures. Starting back in 1978, Norm and his guides have taken over 155,000 happy customers down the river. Near the Yosemite Valley, Whitewater Excitement […]Read More
- Sierra Mac River Rafting TripsSierra Mac River Rafting Trips specializes in Yosemite rafting trips. They were the first outfitter on the Merced River and the pioneer in opening Class V Cherry Creek to commercial rafting. Founded in 1965, Sierra Mac […]Read More
- Curry Village Raft RentalsThe Yosemite rafting season varies from year to year and depends on factors such as the depth of the rivers, the temperature of the water and the seasonal snowmelt. With a […]Read More
- Zephyr Whitewater ExpeditionsZephyr Whitewater Expeditions is the largest whitewater rafting outfitter on the Merced River, just minutes away from Yosemite Valley. They have more Merced River trip launch dates and guide more […]Read More