Yosemite National Park will be celebrating Earth Day, National Junior Ranger Day, National Park Week, and John Muir’s Birthday on Saturday, April 20, 2019.
There will be activities for all ages throughout the day. All activities are free.
Join us at the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center in Yosemite Village from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
There will be music, games, and interactive booths. Meet with park rangers and park partners and learn how we are working to preserve and protect natural and cultural resources in Yosemite National Park.
Some of the day’s highlights include:
· Learn about how you can reduce waste at the Sustainability booth. Bring an empty single-use camp propane canister and trade it in for a refillable propane canister.
· Junior Rangers of all ages are welcome to explore the park on a special Ranger-guided walk at 10:30 am and 1:00 pm.
· Join a Park Ecologist and learn about Meadow Restoration on a walk around Ahwahnee Meadow at 10:45 am.
· Connect with a Park Ranger and learn about bears and other wildlife that call Yosemite home.
· Express your love of Yosemite through a special art project brought to you by Yosemite Conservancy.
· Enjoy Facepainting and other hands-on activities for all ages
· Join a photo walk at 11:00 am and explore Yosemite Valley through your camera’s lens with photographers from the Ansel Adams Gallery
· Learn sustainable gardening tips from the UC Mariposa Master Gardeners
· And much more!
Visitors coming to the park should be prepared for a very busy day. Saturday, April 20, 2019 is a free day to help kick off National Park Week. All entrance fees are free, camping and other fees still apply. Visitors are encouraged to plan their trips in advance and arrive to the park before 9:00 am. Parking areas throughout the park are expected to fill early in the day.
Visitor parking will be available at the Yosemite Village Parking Area and Yosemite Falls Parking Area, located across from Camp 4 Campground. All visitors are encouraged to park and utilize the free park shuttle to get to the Yosemite Valley Visitor Center.
Public transportation is a wonderful way to visit Yosemite Valley. YARTS (Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System) buses run multiple times daily and provide visitors with a safe and convenient way to visit the park.
To learn more, visit www.yarts.com